if there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask me with whatsapp +90 532 426 7136
Alacamescit Mah. Kooperatif Sok. No:2/1
KUSADASI / TURKEY
TEL: +90 256 612 2387 - 613 1917 MOBILE: +90 532 426 7136
Early settlements in Kusadasi were by the Lelegians and Carians who moved from the central Anatolia around the year 3000BC. They established of a colony on the outskirts of Pilav Mountain in Kusadasi, and founded the cities Ania and Melia. Mild climate allowed the inhabitants to grow essential products such as olive, grape and figs for extracting oil or making wine and sweets on the fertile lands around the city.
In the 10th century BC "12 Ionian Cities "-Samos, Khios, Miletos, Priene, Ephesus, Teos, Erythrai, Priena, Klazonemi, Lebedos, Phokaia, Colophon, Smyrna, were established and were known for the most developed cities of the age. The annual meeting place of the Ionian League, Panionian, was founded around Kusadasi; and the cities of Phygale, Marathesion and Neopolis were established within the borders of the city.
The city was invaded by Persians around the year 546BC. In 200BC Kusadasi and its environs were dominated by the Roman Empire, and with the division of the Roman Empire, the region became a state of Byzantine. As the changes in climate caused serious earthquakes and changed the route of Caystros River, Ephesus was mostly destroyed and lost its prior importance and prosperity. The result forced Byzantines to search for a new port and a new road that would be suitable for trading. The area around Neopolis was found convenient by the Greek, Jewish, and Armenian merchants as a port in place of the port of Ephesus. "Scala Nova" was the name of this new port which added a new trading centre to historical cities such as Ania, Melia, Phygale and Neopolis, that have created the early foundations of today's Kusadasi. By the 15th century, "Scala Nova" was under the domination of the Venetian and Genoese sailors and traders who established consulates here.
The Turkish domination in the area commenced upon the invasion of Seljukian Kilic Arslan the 2nd. The advantageous position of Kusadasi at the end of the important trade roads such as the Silk Road -once held by Ephesus, influenced the development of the city as a centre of trade.
Kusadasi was ruled by the Ottoman Empire after the invasion of Sultan Mehmet Celebi in the year 1413. During the reign of Ottomans, glorious new structures were built in Kusadasi Okuz Mehmet Pasa Caravanserai is the principal legacy of the Ottoman architecture in the city, and was built by the man of the same name, who was the vizier during the reigns of Sultan Ahmet1 and Osman2. The fortress is gates and walls and many mosques in the centre of Kusadasi, as well as the citadel of the castle in Pigeon Island, were built in the Ottoman period, reflecting the architectural style of the era. "Kusadasi " that means "bird island" and took its name from Pigeon Island.
After the First World War, Kusadasi was invaded by the Greeks (1919). The city won a long struggle and in 1922 and became a part of Turkish Republic. Izmir was the capital of Kusadasi until 1954. Then the capital was changed to Aydin and the city of Kusadasi has shown a good deal of development, especially in tourism.
Today, Kusadasi is one of Turkey's most sophisticated holiday centres; it is a perfect place for vacation with its sandy beaches and glassy water. The contrast between the lively holiday life and the quietness of the ancient ruins create the special atmosphere of the city.
Kusadasi, one of Turkey's principle holiday resorts, offers an excellent environment for an unforgettable holiday. Situated on the west coast of Turkey- 90km south of Izmir, Kusadasi, is known as for one of the most attractive city of the Aegean, as it is close to important historical sites including Ephesus, Didyma, Priene, and Miletos.Kusadasi has a typical Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters, providing a long tourism season. The city is Bathroomed in sunshine for 300 days of the year.
Numerous sandy beaches with warm and clear waters, providing a peaceful atmosphere, allow a great variety of water and beach facilities. Windsurfing, water skiing, sailing and beach volleyball are only a few options avaible to lovers of the active life. After sunBathrooming restfully during the day, the city awaits the superb sunset. As the sun sets, the attractive cafes and restaurants on the palm-lined boulevards, get busier. It is a great delight to watch the comings and goings of the yachts and ships with accompanience of the panoramic view of the sunset, on a pre-drink before the dinner. The restaurants, serving a variety of fresh seafood &fish and Aegean specialties, offer a delicious meal in Kusadasi. Dancing and entertaining at a lively bar or a disco until dawn, may end an ideal day in Kusadasi.According to the latest datum in 1995, the number of inhabitants in Kusadasi is about 50000. The population, consisting 99% Turks, increases rapidly with the beginning of the tourism season. The city has shown a rapid development an incredible growth since from the 1970's, with the introducing of tourism.
The Kusadasi Setur Marina is one of the largest and best equipped marinas in Turkey with the capacity of 629 yachts both a float and on shore, visited between 2500-3000 boats each year. The marina is on the latitude of 37 52' 20''N and on the longitude of 27 15' 46''E. Custom, repair service, security are some of the 24 hour services in the marina.
Apart from the great historical beauties around Kusadasi, the city is also preserves excellent examples of Ottoman and Turkish mosques, located in the centum. "The Fortress Mosque", built by the vizier Okuz Mehmet Pasa in the 17th century, is the most impressing and monumental mosque in Kusadasi. Constructed in the area of 1800m2, the mosque has 550 person capacity. The main part of mosque is square-planned and covered by a large leaden dome- with the supports of 12 arches. Inner part of the dome is ornamented by geometrical designs and plant motives. The entrance door exemlifies the best of wood- working of Ottoman, decorated with mother of pearl. Between the 16 stained-glass windows, are the oil paintings decorated with Ion styled columns. "The Hanim Mosque" was constructed in1658 in the name of Haji Hatice Hatun, but was destroyed in 1922. The mosque was rebuilt by the inhabitants of Kusadasi between the years of 1951-57. The foundation walls of the minaret belong to the original construction. The simply decorated mosque is surrounded by a leaden dome. "Haji Ibrahim Mosque" exemplifies a different 17 century style of Ottoman architecture. The wooden ceiling of rectangular planned mosque is covered by roof tiles. "The Turkmen Mosque" and "The Camiatik Mosque" are the other sights located inside the centre of Kusadasi, in different districts.